[parisc-linux] Re: partial success with matroxfb

Petr Vandrovec VANDROVE@vc.cvut.cz
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:10:52 +0200

On 20 Sep 02 at 17:50, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> * Petr Vandrovec <VANDROVE@vc.cvut.cz> [2002-09-20 12:12]:
> >   boot with 'video=matrox:novga'. It looks like that Matrox responded
>
> No success with novga or no_pci_retry either. It results in the same crash.

Can you verify (with lspci -xxx) that PCI dword register 0x40 in matroxfb
configuration space has not set bit 8 (it is lowest bit in register
0x41). 0=>disable legacy VGA, 1=>enable legacy VGA. Old Millennium I
always responded to framebuffer accesses, and it was fixed in Millennium II.
I thought that it was fixed in Mystique too. You can fix it with
setpci, if matroxfb gets it wrong.

> > Can you print DAC registers 0x4C,0x4D,0x4E,0x4F after this message?
> > 0x4C..0x4E should contain 8,7E,3, and 0x4F should contain 0 when
> > PLL is not locked, and 0x40 if PLL is locked.
>
> Ok, the code around the message now looks like this:

> DAC register 4c=8
> DAC register 4d=7e
> DAC register 4e=1f
> DAC register 4f=0

Strange. Stalls it for 5 seconds here, or goes it through immediately?

> DAC register 4c=8
> DAC register 4d=7e
> DAC register 4e=1f
> DAC register 4f=40