[parisc-linux] Re: [lists] installing Linux on A Visualise C240

Derek Engelhaupt derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

Yves,

I had this same issue with my C180 workstation when booting from my
graphics card loaded in the card cage.  I was able to get the system to
work using my onboard graphics port, but the C240 does not have an
onboard graphics port.  My external graphics card is not supported
(A4071A).  More than likely you have a graphics card in there that is
not supported yet and more than likely never will be.  There is little
information about HP graphics cards out there in order to write the
drivers for them.  If you could give us the product number of the card
we could tell you whether or not it is a supported card.  If it is
supported there is a configuration in the boot handler that is not
correct.  The product number is a letter followed by 4 number then a
letter (ex: A3312A) if you aren't familier with HP product codes.

derek