[parisc-linux] Re: SCSI/MUX driver on E55, NDA for sorce code

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
16 Sep 2002 20:29:22 -0600

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 17:37, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> Thanks for that !
>
> But I think, my Linux code dose the same !!!
>
> 	info->iomem_base = (void *)(hpa + MUX_OFFSET +
> 				    (line * MUX_LINE_OFFSET));
>
> This info->iomem_base is used by all accesses, the
> registers of i/o are defined by Ryan as:
>
> #define IO_COMMAND_REG_OFFSET 0x30
> #define IO_STATUS_REG_OFFSET 0x34
> #define IO_DATA_REG_OFFSET 0x3c
> #define IO_DCOUNT_REG_OFFSET 0x40
> #define IO_UCOUNT_REG_OFFSET 0x44
> #define IO_FIFOS_REG_OFFSET 0x48
>
> So the offset of 0x30 is inside those macros.
>
> An example of an access:
>
> 		data = __raw_readl((unsigned long)info->iomem_base
> 				   + IO_DATA_REG_OFFSET);
>
> ... reading characters from the input buffers.
>
> Any further idea ?
>
> Ryan, you mentioned problems concerning missing locks, but
> I cannot think about this. Those devices should be controlled
> independent, am I wrong ?

Locks was just an idea of why it might now work.  Nothing suggested that
yet.  I found the MPD, now I just need to make a cable for it to hook up
to a different system and test with.  Hopefully will get this done this
week and I'll take a look at it :)