[parisc-linux] Re: MUX driver for multiple ports (lines)

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
13 Sep 2002 18:04:09 -0600

Hello Christoph,

No, I still have not found any documentation on the
Serial Mux driver.  The work I did was referenced
off the HP-UX mux driver.

>From what I can see, the 0x80 (MUX_LINE_OFFSET)
is the offset between the mux registers for each
line.  I have not tried to hook up multiple lines
yet but I believe the skeleton is there.  Did the
box HPMC?  Can you get a TOC and read the IAOQ to
see what caused the crash?  Maybe we need to add
additional locking to the driver, etc.

The mux only operates in a polling mode.  The HP-UX
driver also polls (I don't see anywhere in the driver
where it could create/cause/catch an interrupt).

I will be out this weekend, but back early next week.
Let me know what you find, and I'll take a poke and
see if I can help!

Thanks,

- Ryan