[Fwd: Re: [parisc-linux] Inline Assembly Help request]

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:39:42 +0000

Paul Bame wrote:
 > As jda mentioned, the ex_table stuff is a bit complex.  You can find out
 > how the x86 exception table works in linux/Documentation/exception.txt
 > but parisc is a little different.
 > I leave it to you to locate the relevent
 > exception handler somewhere in arch/parisc/kernel/  A thorough
understanding
 > of the exception handler method is necessary to understand and/or change
 > the code you are working with.

is it do_page_fault (in fault.c) which use  search_exception_table(...)?

Thanks,
	Joel

PS: Do you have an idea how may I figure out in which registers are
stored the two parts of a 64bits int (always contigus) or would it be
better to work with x address (in put_user_asm("stw",x,ptr)).

I also presume that there is noe way for gas to simulate (some kind of
macro ) std and ldd from pa2 onto pa1. It would be too easy :)?