[parisc-linux] Making SYM2 default SYM-SCSI driver instead of SYM1

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:44:34 +0000

Hi Thibaut,

Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> Hi fellows !
>
> Paul Bame has noticed a problem that seems to occur on B2600 with SYM1
> driver, causing the box to slow down everything and increasing the
> loadavg, while top reports 99% idle.
>
> When this happens, one can hear HD making strange noise: two grouped
> "ticks" every 2 seconds or so.
>
> I have experienced this behavior by myself, and it seems that using SYM2
> driver solves this problem.

At a moment it solved also this problem of disk on my b2k. So for
severall month now, I use only SYM2 on this b2k.

More over as on a b180 I notice that SYM2 driver could also be used
also, I test it with same success.

(sorry I could not any more test on 712)

Good idea,
	Joel