[parisc-linux] status of parisc_linux24 openafs port

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:44:17 -0500

Current status of the parisc_linux24 port:

A couple of patches are sitting in RT waiting to be applied to fix up
the user space LWP build for this platform. Once those are applied,
almost all of the user space tools build cleanly. (I have not tested
them, but I'd expect the file/vol/pt servers to work.) The other user
space tools I have tested all work great.=20

The kernel module builds cleanly, however, there seems to be a problem
with linking the module on palinux.=20

For testing, I've ifdef'd out anything in osi_module.c and afs_osi.c
that actually does anything, so that afs_init at this point is limited
to simply calling osi_Init(), which in turn does nothing.=20

If I hand link a module containing only afs_osi.o and osi_module.o, I am
able to load/unload it without any trouble at all. However, as soon as I
link in all the other .o files (which should have no other effect beyond
increasing the size of the module and adding a pile of code that will
never be called), insmod segv's on module load somewhere in the
branch/call to osi_Init(). So obviously there is some problem with what
is generated by the linker that is causing it to flip out.

Only other possibility would be that there is a conflict with the name
of another routine in the .o's that is overlapping a critical
module-initialization function used by parisc_linux24, and not by other
linux platforms...=20

Any ideas?

-- Nathan