[parisc-linux] C200 Voodoo2 Progress Report

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:49:55 -0400

I have gotten my C200 back online and started some preliminary
work with the Voodoo2 PCI card. I currently have it plugged into
one of the 5V/32bit slots which may or may not be optimal.

Anyways,

1. Linux Kernel 2.4.19-pa2 sstfb Voodoo1/2 framebuffer

  Well, the kernel compiled with the sstfb without
  any errors. When I booted I got a black and white
  checkerboard pattern on the Voodoo2 monitor. I had
  disabled the stifb console, thinking that the kernel
  might pick the sstfb for a console, but it didn't.
  Just blankness for a while, then a checkerboard
  pattern.

  I think this is encouraging and I think it is working.
  I'm currently recompiling and will post some more news
  later as I experiment some more with it. Next I will
  try and put a console on the sstfb or even try running
  X on it.

2. glide3-alpha-0.cvs.20010711

  This is the Debian source for Glide3 on the Alpha arch,
  which is also big-endian. Initial compilation failed in
  multiple places about missing sys/io.h which I have
  located a file of that name in /usr/include/asm. I'll
  see if I can figure out how best to correct this and try
  again.

Cheers!
- Doug