[parisc-linux] IPL Boot Parameters [Originally SCSI Disks on a K580 Help Required]

Steve.Grady@csiro.au Steve.Grady@csiro.au
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:37:50 +1000

I bought the K580 without it I have approached the guy I bought it from to
see if I
can purchase the drive but he has not followed it up yet.

I have looked on ebay but HVD UW SCSI disks are rare most are SCSI-3 LVD/SE
disks
and HVD is not compatible with LVD except by a translator which costs about
$1.5K AUD which
was more than I paid for the K580.

I know I should be able to boot from the tape (maybe I am a masochist) I
think this is my best shot
until I can find a HVD disk, if I can work out to tell the system how.

Thanks,

Steve Grady