[parisc-linux] ip6tables problem

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:36:23 -0700

"BUCH-PEDERSEN,LEIF (HP-France,ex1)" wrote:
> To do this have enabled ipv6 netfilter configuration options and compiled
> several versions of the kernel (everything compiled into the kernel,
> netfilter as modules, kernel based on 2.4.19-pa5 from parisc-linux.org). In
> all cases the kernel compiles but ip6tables does not work.

Not many people use IPV6 (ie run it on their machines).
I'm not aware of anyone trying it for parisc-linux.

> When I am doing 'insmod ip6table-filter' I get a message :
> ip6table_filter.o: init_module: Invalid argument
>
> And this is where I am stuck. There is no more information in syslog or
> dmesg. Any ideas ?

Add printk() calls in the offending module.

	rmmod ip6table-filter
	vi net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6table_filter.c
	make modules
	make modules_install
	modprobe ip6table-filter

until you can narrow down what's failing in init() routine.
See module_init(init) line at the bottom of ip6table_filter.c.

> PS: ip6table_filter loads OK using a 2.4.18 kernel on a machine with a
> Pentium processor.

suggests parisc is missing some arch specific IPV6 support.

grant