[parisc-linux] installation on C3000

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:58:36 -0600

Kedarnath Balakrishnan wrote:
> I am trying to install Debian on HP Visualize C3000. I read the HOW-TO
> and managed to make it boot from the ide cdrom drive. The Debian screen
> comes up but then it is not able to read any input. Both Keyboard and
> mouse are in USB port in my m/c. Is that the problem or is there
> something else I am missing??

I suspect the kernel in debian stable might just be too old.
Can you try newer net-install images from ESIEE?
	(ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/cd-images/testing/auto-isos/)

FWIW, at least three developers are *using* C3000 including myself.
But I've never cold installed using the debian since I've had bits
on this machine since well before any ISOs were available.
Probably would be a good exercise....

hth,
grant