[parisc-linux] Re: mkfs.xfs (xfsprogs-2.3.5) failled

Stefan Pfetzing dreamind@dreamind.de
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:58:02 +0200

* jsoe0708@tiscali.be <jsoe0708@tiscali.be> [021023 09:30]:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> As you do earlier, I build a xfs-kernel diff versus 2.4.19 vanilla kernel,
> apply it against 2.4.19-pa22 (with very small problem) and obtain a bootable
> (and operational) kernel.
Yup.

> Now I rebuild debian package of xfsprogs-2.3.5 (cvs form) and obtain tools
> binaries (without warning or error) but even mkfs -t xfs (mkfs.xfs) failed
> with this concise message: "mkfs.xfs: cannot reserve space [28 - No space
> left on device]".
> (I try to xfs_check which failed also with a lot of error messages).
Yea thats a problem, still in the Linux/Parisc kernel. It gives garbage with
BLKGETSIZE64. Simply look in the xfslibs directory where BLGKETSIZE64 is used
and comment that out. Thats a disgusting hack but it leads to a set of working
xfsprogs.

If you want I can make a patch for you, but this will take some time, since I
have the source not right by hand now.

bye

Stefan

--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.