[parisc-linux] Re: GSP on A500 - Level 14 Alert - Output overvoltage?

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:18:40 -0400 (EDT)

> I had assumed that the issue dealt with the internal switching
> supply doing the damage.

Yes, the message indicated that the problem was with a DC supply
voltage.  If it's internal, this could damage the circuits in the
system.  CPU chips normally have very tight voltage requirements
for proper operation.  I would check the manual to see what is
recommended when this error occurs.  You measure the voltages
on an unused drive connector, etc.

Dave