[parisc-linux] rp2470 hang...getting closer

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:26:26 +0100

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 03:59:32PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> so if we take, say, a page fault, we reenable interrupts on all CPUs.
> Who the hell put this code in there?!
>
> Thanks to Thibaut for finding this particular excrescence during
> CONFIG_SMP frobbing on 2.5.  I'm not sure what this should be changed to.
> local_irq_enable?  Do we want interrupts enabled at this point?

ok, going back through the CVS logs finds the answer:

http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/obsolete/linux-2.3/arch/parisc/kernel/traps.c#rev1.9

Revision 1.9 / (as text) / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Tue Feb 15 17:02:03 2000 UTC (2 years, 8 months ago) by jsm
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.8: +11 -2 lines
Diff to previous 1.8

Enable interrupts in fault path. Trap kernel space faults.

So I think we want to change the sti() call to local_irq_enable().