[parisc-linux] rp2470 hang...getting closer

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:21:13 +0100

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 06:57:16PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Lastly, use of IPI to set_eiem() on all CPUs can probably go away.
> In 2.5, I was under the impression we no longer require globally
> disabling of interrupts - only on the local CPU.  For both 2.4
> and 2.5, parisc only needs to mask/unmask the EIEM bit on the CPU
> that is the target of that IRQ, not all CPUs. ie if the IPI
> is needed, it should just target the same CPU which will handle the
> specific external intr.

hmm.. not sure about disable_irq() -- certainly sti() is gone and __sti()
is local_irq_disable() in 2.5; but i think enable/disable_irq still act
globally.  i think this is because it's supposed to go and enable/disable
delivery of interrupts in the (io)(s)(a)pic, rather than playing with
the cpu interrupt masks.