[parisc-linux] GSP on A500 - Level 14 Alert - Output overvoltage?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:26:23 -0400

parisc,

Just a quick flitting question that has been in
the back of my mind. When working with an A500
that I have, during a GSP powerdown using "PC",
I get the following error:

************* SYSTEM ALERT **************
SYSTEM NAME: firin
DATE: 10/19/2002 TIME: 00:24:23
ALERT LEVEL: 14 = Fatal power or environmental problem prevents
operation

REASON FOR ALERT
SOURCE: 4 = power
SOURCE DETAIL: 4 = high voltage DC power   SOURCE ID: FF
PROBLEM DETAIL: 5 = output overvoltage

LEDs:  RUN      ATTENTION     FAULT     REMOTE     POWER
       OFF      OFF           OFF       OFF        FLASH
System Power is Off.

0x002000E544FF404F 00000000 00000000 - type  0 = Data Field Unused
0x582008E544FF404F 00006609 13001817 - type 11 = Timestamp 10/19/2002
00:24:23
A: ack read of this entry - X: Disable all future alert messages
Anything else skip redisplay the log entry
->Choice:

Is this bad for my hardware :} It was ever so
nice when I was kernel hacking and I could remotely
control the box's power. However, after such an error
I'm told that:

  The system did not respond to the Power-On command.
  Turn the system power switch Off and On again to reset the system.

Which means I need to be there physically :(
Any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

c.