[parisc-linux] 2.5 status

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:51:16 -0700

>  - Serial code not working for a 712 (willy)
>  - the fix for do_fork needs checking
>  - stifb doesn't compile
>  - mux driver needs to be forward ported from 2.4 (rbrad)
>  - merge 2.5.42
>  - think the tcpdiag_cookie patch in our tree is now obsolete
>  - need to get an official number for PDC_CONS or MUX (any problem with using
> 	the same number for both?) (rbrad)
>  - send .text.init -> .init.text change to Linus (willy)
>  - send tulip changes to jgarzik (grant)
>  - figure out why we have genrtc 1.05 in our tree when linus has 1.06
>  - do a better job of vmlinux{32,64}.lds
>  - review diff vs 2.4 for additional changes
>  - review diff vs 2.5 for changes which still need to be sent to Linus.

- show_trace()/show_stack() etc need to be implemented for parisc. right
now they are just empty stubs. i have some initial versions of these
that are probably not quite correct. will look into it some more.
- our PDC early debug console hacks need to be cleaned up somehow
- pci serial is broken still in 2.5.41, may be fixed in 2.5.42
- drivers/pci/setup-bus.c has a hppa-specific #ifdef right now to
  prevent pci reinit from hpmc'ing the machine. this probably needs to
  go upstream

> would these lists be more useful in html or would they just bitrot?

email's good.... :-) perhaps keep the list in cvs (so people can
add/remove items) and you can post it periodically.

thanks,
randolph