[parisc-linux] Dump driver: step by step

phi phi@hpfrcu81.france.hp.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:01:16 +0200

Bruno Vidal wrote:

> Please take a look to my email -> I'm using arg1=4 or 5
> not 2 or 3.
> So how do you explain this -9 for "init & test mod & dev"

I red :-) You mentioned 'parisc 1.1 IO firmware Architecture' which is kind of
generic title, then thought you missed the iodc.pdf doc.

> So how do you explain this -9 for "init & test mod & dev"

May be you used arg1 to 2 or 3 when you really wanted 4 or 5

OR

-9 is also returned for 4 or 5 meaning  meaning
 1: machdep.h:283   #define IODCE_NOSUCHDEV  -9

as returned by scan from ./ISU/mongoose/machdep.h

Cheers,
Phi