[parisc-linux] Dump driver: step by step

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:26:35 +0100

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:13:41PM +0200, Bruno Vidal wrote:
> 	Hi.
> I've succeded to read with iodc, and at the right place (good news no).
> Now I'll try to write. But I prefer to do it on another disk.
> So I've found an old scsi SE. I've plugged it. The driver is able
> to find the hpa, retrieve the iodc ENTRY_INIT without any pb.
> But when calling the ENTRY_INIT with INIT_MOD_DEV or only INIT_DEV
> it fail with return code -9. But there is a little pb, I don't
> have this return code in documentation. If I believe the the
> "parisc 1.1 IO firmware Architecture".
> I didn't find it for parisc 2.0 (on
> http://www.parisc-linux.org/documentation/index.html).
> So if someone know where I can find it.

	-9	Cannot locate a console device or boot device
		The search could not locate a console device or
		boot device on the module. Returned
		only by options ARG1=2 and ARG1=3.
		CONDITIONAL. Must be used if the search options are provided.