[parisc-linux] Burning CD Images difficulties: revisited

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:48:52 +0200

Hello Jeffo,

I also used this CD (a long long time ago) to install also a 712/60 and do
not met any problem (not mentionned in FAQ).
So the first think I would do before burning my CD is to check with md5sum
the imaged downloaded.
If it is Ok check the burned image (dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t2d0 of=- | md5sum;
should work).

>I have a 712/60 HP station, with an external SCSI CD-rom drive. The drive
>is
>at ID "scsi.3.0".
>I do the boot search after the POST routine, it finds my SCSI drive, its
>brand and everything else.
>
>When I try to boot from the CD the station simply does nothing. It tryes
>boot and returns
>to the BOOT_ADMIN screen. ONCE I could get a message like "loading the
>stuff, etc....OPS, KERNEL something".
>And only ONCE...in one of the first CDs.

It should be that the begining of the CD is Ok but corrupted else where?

Goog luck,
    Joel

PS: md5sum for hpux should be available near: <http://hpux.connect.org.uk/>
(or a repository)