[parisc-linux] C180 oddness

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 23:30:33 -0600

Tom wrote:
> I couldn't ssh back in, so I checked the console, but minicom wouldn't
> get a response. Power-cycled the HP, still no messages on console, no
> errors on the LCDs, and eventually (several minutes) a heartbeat light.
> Anyone have any ideas how to rescue this, or what could have caused it?

Just some thoughts:
o if ssh doesn't work, try ping. ping will give a clue how far into the
  initialization the kernel got.

o after cyclepower on a system configured to run console on serial port,
  not seeing PDC init messages on the serial port suggests a HW problem.

o try another serial cable or a different "client" to start ruling
  out issues with serial connection.

> but still
> get the same lack of results. Minicom is set to 9600/8N1/VT100, which is
> what worked last time I used the console this way...

settings are correct.

grant