[parisc-linux] Non-HP disks?

E Frank Ball frankb@efball.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 21:01:55 -0700

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 08:40:59PM -0700, Derek Engelhaupt wrote:
} Anyone using them?  I have a bunch of IBM DCHS-04F Ultrastar 2XP 4.3GB
} (got info from IBM's website about jumpers and tried them all) drives
} that I'm trying to get them to work but all they do is SCSI bus reset
} when Debian trys to load.  They are factory refurbed 50-pin SE disks
} and I have activated Autostart on them and active termination (tried it
} without too).  Anyway, they perform this way under HP-UX too.  Tried a
} 2GB HP drive and it works fine so the system SCSI bus is fine.  So,
} bottom line is anyone using NON-HP disks in thier systems?  Tried them
} in my E55, 712/60, and 712/100.  Have tried 2 different drives with the
} same result also.....

Most non-HP drives should work fine.  We use lots of Seagate Medalist
ST34520N drives in all the 700s.  We used to use some Quatums, and we've
used IBMs too, but I don't know the nubmers.

--

   E Frank Ball                frankb@efball.com