[parisc-linux] Request for preliminary approval for a lanana device number.

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
01 Oct 2002 20:40:14 -0600

Alan,

I have written a driver to handle the non-16550-compatible serial ports
used on the parisc machines.  This includes support for the E, F-I,
K and optional console card for the D & R class systems.  The console
for these systems is on port 0 of the MUX.

I would like to request prelimiary approval from you that you intend to
merge this driver into your tree, so I can request a valid device
number from lanana.

Here is a link to the code in CVS:
http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/linux/drivers/char/mux.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Obviously this driver is not finished yet, as others are working on
getting the full MUX support from these devices, but this driver does
handle the console nicely.

I am not asking for you to pick this driver up immediately, as I assume
you will pick it up during your next merging excercise of the
parisc-linux tree.

Thanks much for your time, and hopefully we can get approval for the
device number to get these systems supported by the Debian installer.

Thanks,

- Ryan