[parisc-linux] 2.5 status update 2002-11-29

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:03:37 +0000

We've merged 2.5.50 into our tree.  It boots on an A500 (uniprocessor)
and compiles for most common configurations.  Userspace apps still crash
a lot.  Our diff vs Linus' tree is 536k, which seems like a lot, except
that it was around 2.7MB in the 2.5.44 timeframe.  It compresses down to
about 130k which is comparable with other architectures.

For the curious, this is how it breaks down:

parisc-hil.diff  167064
parisc-misc.diff  46402
parisc-ps2.diff   60152
parisc-scsi.diff  44026
parisc-sti.diff  162164

I'm hoping Linus will take parisc-ps2.diff & parisc-misc.diff soon.
Rusty's promised to fix the module situation.