[parisc-linux] Re: uaccess ya patch

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:02:15 +0100

>> Much more for info, here is another way I found to implement __put_?_asm64.
>
>Joel, the __*_bad stuff is fine, but why do you want to rewrite the
>asm64 functions as macros? you are also not doing it correctly:
>
>> +#define __put_user_asm64(x, ptr)		\
>> +	__asm__ __volatile__ (			\
>> +		"\n1:\tstw\t%2,0(%%sr3,%1)\n"	\
>> +		"2:\tstw\t%R2,4(%%sr3,%1)\n"	\
>                  ^^^ this will cause very bad things to happen.

It was much more to mentionned that in asm extension of gcc for hppa it exists
also a way to address the second word (what I tried to find for a long) of
a long long via the 'R' prefix as here in '%R2' [is it what you want to say
'will cause bad things'?]

(the macro was just beacuse the original __put_?_asm() was macro :) )

Well it has not more interest and for me you can forget it.

Thanks for your attention,
    Joel

Controlez mieux votre consommation Internet...surfez Tiscali Complete...http://tiscali.complete.be