[parisc-linux] C180 not booting Sarge kernel

Chris Jantzen chris-parisc@maybe.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:01:54 -0800

FYI, my sarge-based C180 has not been able to boot 2.4.19-32_18 or _22.1;
I have to interact with IPL and fall back to 2.4.18_62.2. It gets as
far as the "...if this is the last message you see..." and I never hear
from it again, even on the network. And I think after a very very long
time, it falls back to firmware. At least, I see DHCP requests coming
out of it after a while. (I only just hooked up serial console to
interact with IPL after getting no response. No I don't boot it up too
often, it's a "side project".)

Also, "uname -a" segfaults.

I'll try unplugging the GSC and EISA cards plugged into it tomorrow.
I'll also try letting it just sit there under supervision and see what
really happens.

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_