[parisc-linux] glibc 2.3.1 - It's alive! - patches

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:12:15 -0500

> It occurred to me these might be a gcc problem on PA1 machines.  These
> machines don't have fneg and negation is currently implemented as the
> product with -1.  This may cause invalid operation to be set if the
> value is a signaling NaN.
>
> A better way to do the negation is to toggle the sign bit but this is
> inefficient as the value needs to be copied from a FPR to a GPR and
> back again.
>
> A quick check would be to run the tests with "-mpa-risc-2-0" and see
> if this makes any difference.

Interesting. I shall add this to my list of checks todo once I get glibc
2.3.1 out the door. Everything is setup, I'm just running into some
package integration problems (e.g. failing to restart certain services
causes the dpkg -i to fail).

My todo includes:

- Follow our discussion on delayed exceptions and try a few
  implementations of trap barriers

- Examine if -1*NaN is causing failures in the fp glibc tests.

- Implement atomic_add, echange_and_add, and compare and swap, which are
  required in atomicity.h

- Make some progress implementing *context() calls in glibc (SAPDB needs
  them).

- Take a closer look at our setjump/longjmp impementation (there were
  some fears that it was mildly broken)

c.