[parisc-linux] Untested port of parisc_device to generic device interface

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:12:07 -0700

Greg KH wrote:
> Are there any existing archs that need more than just dma_mask moved to
> struct device out of pci_dev?  Hm, ppc might need a bit more...

"out of pci_dev" and into struct device?
I think that's all parisc port would need now.

At some point I'd like to propose "dma_hint" field.
But I don't have a specific proposal yet.
Something to help drivers communicate DMA characteristics to
the IOMMU support code. ie bandwidth needed, cacheline line aware,
MWLI support, etc.

grant