[parisc-linux] Untested port of parisc_device to generic device interface

Miles Bader Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
13 Nov 2002 17:02:39 +0900

Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:
> > This this would end up [or have the ability to] invoking a bus-specific
> > routine at some point, right?  [so that a truly PCI-specific definition
> > could be still be had]
>
> If that was needed, yes, we should not break that functionality.
>
> Are there any existing archs that need more than just dma_mask moved to
> struct device out of pci_dev?  Hm, ppc might need a bit more...

I can't speak for `real machines,' but on my wierd embedded board,
pci_alloc_consistent allocates from a special area of memory (not
located at 0) that is the only shared memory between PCI devices and the
CPU.  pci_alloc_consistent happens to fit this situation quite well, but
I don't think a bitmask is enough to express the situation.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.