[parisc-linux] glibc 2.3.1 - It's alive! - patches

Jim Hull jim_hull@hp.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:43:43 -0800

Dave:

> What about "The current instruction is a load or store of the
destination
> register of a pending trapping instruction or an operation which
depends
> on a pending trapping instruction"?
>
> I think the latter part of the sentence would apply to a fcpy of the
> destination register of a pending trapping instruction.

I thought that might be the item you were thinking of.  Sometimes, in
our effort to be as concise as possible, we went too far in the PA-RISC
book.

The correct interpretation of that sentence is:

  The current instruction is a load or store of the destination register
  of a pending trapping instruction,

  or

  the current instruction is a load or store of the destination register
  of an operation which depends on a pending trapping instruction.

In other words, it must be a load or store of a destination register,
either of the pending trapping instruction itself, or of any subsequent
instruction which depends on that pending trapping instruction.

Hope this helps.

 -- Jim