[parisc-linux] glibc 2.3.1 - It's alive! - patches

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:44:58 -0500

> > Test suite completed:
> >   2518 test cases plus 2306 tests for exception flags executed.
> >   14 errors occurred.
> >
> > They look to be exception related?
>
> I doubt this is a gcc problem but it might be.  Certain floating-point
> compare instructions can generate invalid operation exceptions.  It's
> been awhile but I don't think we use these (see page 8-16 of PA 2.0
> arch).  An invalid operation exception will always occur with
> signaling nans.
>
> You need to try to identify the insn that is causing the exception.
> This can be difficult in some cases because the exceptions are
> inexact.

Again, delayed traps can be "Invalid Operation" exceptions within these
floating point tests. We may be seeing some of those issues. I really
need to find a way to properly flush delayed exceptions.

c.