[parisc-linux] Untested port of parisc_device to generic device interface

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 02:15:27 +0000

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 09:01:29PM -0500, J.E.J. Bottomley wrote:
> Actually, so would I.  I can suspect why there might exist machines like this
> (say the consistent attribute is settable at the pgd level)

well, there's a limited amount of space available for consistent mappings
on some machines.  it's basically the same as the vmalloc space.  i think
the best way to handle this is simply to fail to initialise if you can't
get the consistent memory you need.