[parisc-linux] Untested port of parisc_device to generic device interface

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:03:17 -0700

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> F-I class kept PCX-T processors to the bitter end.  You're thinking of
> E class, I think, which are all PCX-L.

Ah ok - I probably am. It's been a few years since I've worked with
Nova class machines.

> Really, we're just waiting for
> a V class to turn up in resource recovery to start work ;-)

Won't be too much longer ;^)

> Looking at the T600 in the hwdb..
>         Miura LAN/Console (J2146A) -- completely unlike anything else
> 	Countach LAN/Console -- same as Diablo & KittyHawk CSY LAN/Console,
> 				doubt we care.
> 	Skunk SCSI -- its the SPIFI chip, probably supportable.
> 	Wizard SCSI -- also in E/K class, probably supportable too.
> 	Skunk Centronics -- also in E/K class, probably supportable.
> 	Emerald Console -- unique
> 	Java IOA -- unique

Java is a U2/UTurn compatible chip that only provides an IOMMU.
It's *NOT* IO Coherent.

Jolt is missing. It's the "Summit" to "Runway" busconverter.
Doesn't need any OS code execept when doing bus walks.

> there's actually less unsupportable hardware in there than i thought,
> but i'm still not really interested in it.

ditto - me either. I've suffered enough for that machine.

grant