[parisc-linux] Untested port of parisc_device to generic device interface

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:50:10 +0000

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 10:02:06AM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Right. I'm convinced support for V-class (PCI, IO Coherent) will happen
> before T-class (propritary busses, !IO-coherent). Later FGHI-class also
> use PCX-L CPU and thus should be ok. rbrad, christoph and a few others
> are working on support for those machines but I know SCSI on those
> machines is SPIFI-based (HP SCSI controller). In short, looks like
> your observations about 53c720 might be one of the few problematic
> drivers.

F-I class kept PCX-T processors to the bitter end.  You're thinking of
E class, I think, which are all PCX-L.  Really, we're just waiting for
a V class to turn up in resource recovery to start work ;-)

Looking at the T600 in the hwdb..
        Miura LAN/Console (J2146A) -- completely unlike anything else
	Countach LAN/Console -- same as Diablo & KittyHawk CSY LAN/Console,
				doubt we care.
	Skunk SCSI -- its the SPIFI chip, probably supportable.
	Wizard SCSI -- also in E/K class, probably supportable too.
	Skunk Centronics -- also in E/K class, probably supportable.
	Emerald Console -- unique
	Java IOA -- unique

there's actually less unsupportable hardware in there than i thought,
but i'm still not really interested in it.