[parisc-linux] 2.5.45-pa5 failed to boot [was: gcc-3.3 hppa patch]

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:31:18 +0100

>>On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:18:48AM +0100, jsoe0708@tiscali.be wrote:
>>> I also try to test a 2.5 (45-pa5) it compiles well (after application
>of
>>> an old tips [remove $$mulU from parisc_ksyms.c]) but failled to boot
>:((
>>> (Is somebody already reach to boot a 2.5 pa?)

No success with gcc-3.3 so comeback to gcc-3.0.4 and my .config file copied
from 2.4.19-pa24 to 2.5.46-pa1.

I first have to remove jfs support (:(( I need it but just for test ...)
and (serial) MUX support (do not yet need). I also encounter some problem
with acxxx (but not need ...)

Finaly I obtain a a kernel which start to boot and ...
as a year ago my b2000 hang after "Searching for devices..." and the green
led of the ide cdrom stay light up. (Sorry but I do not remember what was
the fix , can somebody refresh my memory?)

Joel

Tiscali ADSL: Activation et 1er mois GRATUITS. Plus d'info... http://www.tiscali.be/FR/subs/adsl.asp