[parisc-linux] Placement of hil drivers

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 23:18:49 +0000

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 10:31:32PM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> That's not true, I've worked hard enough on 2.5 config system, and
> especially on HIL, to deny such statement ;^)

OK, it's nowhere to be found in 2.5.45 ;-)  I guess this change got lost
during the Kconfig transition.

> AFAICR, I already have said when we merged 2.4 config files into 2.5 that
> HIL driver files and config may need review.
>
> It looks like time has come for such review.

Certainly, that was what i was starting to do when i noticed nothing was
including the Kconfig stuff in drivers/hil ... and that no Makefile was
linking drivers/hil.  So it's not _just_ the Kconfig changes that broke
this.

> I would like to hear from Helge Deller too.

Yep, and Brian Julin... at least to hear that they don't care where
these drivers are put.