[parisc-linux] SCSI patches

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:58:35 +0000

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 09:07:22AM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > MIPS really add support for PA-RISC?  ;-)

Guess that's my screwup.

> > Anyway, I don't feel confident sending this upstream myself -- I don't
> > understand most of the changes, and wouldn't feel happy defending them.
> > Can I have a volunteer who does grok these scsi changes to send them
> > upstream?
>
> I can. Half of the changes are mine. I don't entirely grok ZALON related
> changes but I trust whoever made them (Richard?) can clarify if needed.
>
> Please let me know who I should send them to and when.

I presume that with the exception of the #include removal from lasi700.c
this lot should go to Gérard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>.  So
far as the zalon bits are concerned, I first sent them to him in August
2000, and exchanged a few mails, and then chased on and off until Feb
2001.  Looks like I ran out of patience after that.  Anyway, from Feb
2001:

Gérard wrote:
> Your NCR720 patch is not dead, but I apologize to you for the huge retard.
> Anyway, if|when sym-2 driver will be accepted, I will not kill ncr53c8xx
> immediately.
> The NCR720 patch is too large for ncr-3.4.3, but will fit some further
> ncr-3.4.x (x >3). ncr53c8xx can coexist with either sym-1 and sym-2.
> Btw, one can build a kernel that link sym-2 + ncr.

So I take that to mean he was happy with the code.

NOTE though, that not all the zalon changes are in the diff willy
posted; it doesn't include ncr53c8xx.c changes, at least.

Richard