[parisc-linux] kdb_v21 branch updated to -pa26, and kallsyms cross-compile

Patrick Caulfield patrick@tykepenguin.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 19:07:39 +0100

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:26:31PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:

> > Oh, I'm doing that. I just tried it again, it was either that or throw it out
> > of the window.
> >
> > Is there parisc version of the kdb patch I could try applying to a kernel
> > source I know works maybe ?
> >

> We are trying not to maintian patches but rather a branch of the
> kernel representing common-2 + parisc specific kdb changes.

I can understand the logic of that and if it worked for me I would regard it as
the best solution to the problem if maintaing two sets of patches.

> Look at this if you want to see the patch method:
> http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2002-May/016246.html

Thanks, I'll try that on my Debian kernel and see what happens. Despite my
frustrations I really do want to get kdb working on this box. I like my HP box a
lot and I've got some kernel code that really does need fixing for that
platform.

+ we have a long weekend off coming up here in Britain and it's the perfect
diversion for that essay I really have to write ... :-)

patrick