[parisc-linux] kdb_v21 branch updated to -pa26, and kallsyms cross-compile

Patrick Caulfield patrick@tykepenguin.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 17:24:38 +0100

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:01:18AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:

> You can't always copy a .config from kernel to kernel. The kernel source
> dictates what will be _in_ the .config. I usually run 'make mrproper'
> and then have 'make oldconfig' or 'make ???config' recreate the config files
> to suit the material in the kernel.
>
> When switching to a new source tree I recommend:
> make mrproper
> make oldconfig
> make menuconfig (to suit your tastes)

Oh, I'm doing that. I just tried it again, it was either that or throw it out
of the window.

Is there parisc version of the kdb patch I could try applying to a kernel
source I know works maybe ?

> As for the endless 'Stack pointer and cr30 do not correspond!'....
>
> I believe that is a bug in traps.c and I have code to give a proper dump.
> I haven't been able to get anyone who knows to explain how the dump_stack in
> traps should _really_ work :)

Thanks, I'll try that out.

> AFAI understand the following works (I've tested it on my kernels with what
> looks to be a successfull dump while doing some bad things (props to Bame
> for helping me out) ;)
>
> BTW, what led me to this solution is that the printk in the else is
> completely bogus... so I rewrote the else.
>
> Q: When do you get 'Stack pointer and cr30 do not correspond'?

When it hits my buggy code :-)

patrick