[parisc-linux] Can I run popular Linux software on parisc-linux?

Zibing Yang email2bing@yahoo.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 14:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

> > I'm not aware of anyone trying to run an IA32
> emulator on parisc-linux.
>
> fyi, bochs compiled from CVS sources (with small
> modifications) worked
> for me.

Helge, can you provide more information about your
computer running Bochs? Are you able to run, for
example, windows 98, install stardard windows-based
softwares? How's the speed compared to the same
software run on PC+windows? Why didn't use wine?
I am still heavily relying on windows-based software
everyday, so would love to install a windows-emulator
on my hp workstation.
Thanks a lot.
zibing