[parisc-linux] Re: New testing ISO available with recent boot-floppies

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 09:37:02 -0600

Grant Grundler wrote:
> sba_pa8700 patch isn't committed yet for two reasons:
>   o It's not tested on anything but the rp24xx. I'm convinced it will
>     crash on other boxes.
>   o I'm waiting for feedback on how to properly implement
>     self-modifying code in the kernel or if it's just not worth it.

I've decided to commit sba_pa870.diff as -pa26 w/o self modifying code.
It just didn't look like a perf improvement w/o getting really ugly.

> With that in mind, please don't download 20020524 ISO (736 MB) unless

thanks Richard! (73MB) Forget my request; download all you want.

grant