[parisc-linux] Debian install on K580

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 14:48:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Robert,

Quoting Robert Stanford <rob@rotapile.com>:

> I ran it again and got this error
>
> Testing apt sources ...
> Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
>   404 Not Found

This message seems to me normal, AFAIK security only concern stable release
which is steel 'POTATO' (no implementation for hppa)

> Ign http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release
> apt-get(337): unaligned access to 0x403d7008 at ip=0x4009d16f
> Not-handled unaligned insn 0x0e801210
> Unaligned handler failed, ret = -1

This is a message from kernel saying that process namely apt-get with pid=337
made an unaligned memory access.
I frequentely encounter this message (evms tools, jfs tools) which seems to be
harmless and so make think to a kernel bug.

> Forgot to mention, that im running ext3, is this an error related to
> the
> filesystem ?

Last week I just install a b2000 with also ext3 fs type and just make apt-get
dist-upgrade. All works fine without any error message.

Can you retry after having remove or comment out the line related to
'security.debian.org'?

Good luck,
    Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)