[parisc-linux] Debian install on K580

Robert Stanford rotapile@winshop.com.au
24 May 2002 18:09:33 +1000

After installing the base system (woody) and rebooting, the base config
starts. Everything works fine till I get up to apt configuration. I
choose no to the below question and the error shown appears and ths
colsole (PDC) stops responding. I can still ping the box though.

Use security updates from security.debian.org?
                                                                   .
              <Yes>            <No>                      .

apt-cache(429): unaligned access to 0x403d708c at ip=0x400614f7

I've had to netboot the machine with a custom kernel (2.4.18 from
parisc-linux.org) which I built with the cross compiler and mounted the
root.bin image via nfs to start the install. After that I completed the
install with the 0.9.3 CD , all due to the PDC console :)

Regards
Robert Stanford