[parisc-linux] installing on b2600 fails

Armijn Hemel armijn@nl.linux.org
Fri, 17 May 2002 13:05:27 +0200

hi all,

I tried to install a b2600 workstation with Linux, but I couldn't get it
to work. I tried to install Debian woody (downloaded unofficial ISO from
http://cdimage-unofficial.debian.net/), which didn't want to install
(couldn't find a library). I also tried the 0.9.3 release PARISC-Linux (full
install) which also didn't work.

I got either a stack dump when it was loading the ramdisk, or I got the
following errors on the funky display on the front of the machine:

HPMC initiated, bus timeout, bad os HPMC cksm, OS HPMC br err

I am wondering what went wrong. I'm quite new to PA-RISC hardware, so
I don't know if this is a software or hardware failure. Can anyone help
me with this? Thanks in advance.

armijn

   armijn@nl.linux.org | http://people.nl.linux.org/~armijn/ | Penguin Power
                 http://nl.linux.org/ | Alles over Linux