[parisc-linux] Try to boot b2000 failled?

EVERSON,SETH (HP-Loveland,ex1) seth_everson2@hp.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 14:29:19 -0700

Joel -

Here is what I've been doing to install debian on my C3600 and J5000.  No
need for network or anything:

1.  Copy the file LIFIMAGE in the disks-hppa directory to a CD-ROM
2.  Boot a HP-UX 10 or 11 cd
3.  Go to the installer, and go to a recovery console.
4.  Load 'dd' and 'mount'.  This will get dd and all the mount files.
5.  Go to a shell.
6.  Mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 to /mnt with mount -t cdfs
7.  Go to /mnt, then do a 'dd if='LIFIMAGE;1' of=/dev/dsk/cXtYdZ bs=2048'
    where x, y, and z are your target scsi hard disk.
8.  Reboot the machine, and boot the scsi hard disk you just targeted.
9.  Interact with the IPL, and your done.

The great thing is, everything gets loaded into RAM.  So, when you start
the install, just partition both drives like normal, and install.  Just
make sure you do everything right the first time, or you'll have to repeat
the process.

-Seth