[parisc-linux] HP 9000 systems

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:25:25 +0200

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:10:14AM -0400, DerrickMcCray@aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently ran across some HP 9000 715/80 and 712/60 computers at a garage
> sale and bought 4 systems for 70 dollars. There is no operating system on the

Way to go!

> computers and no cd-rom drive. My question is how can a get PA-Risc Linux
> installed on these machines because I can't seem to get the systems to boot
> from the floppy drive. What is the best way to get PA-Risc Linux installed on
> the systems. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Either you get a SCSI CD-ROM to boot from and use the 0.9.3 or better
ISO image or your boot from a DHCP/BOOTP server:

http://pateam.esiee.fr/parisc-linux-boot/parisc-linux-boot.html#BOOTNETWORK

Warning: This may not be for the faint of heart.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155