[parisc-linux] Re: gcc-3.? compiler for hppa (3.1, 3.1+dwarf2, 3.2cvs20020429?)

Sat, 4 May 2002 13:54:07 -0400 (EDT)

> i am concerned that between gcc versions, there are often changes in the
> C++ (and maybe others) ABI, and moving all of our packages to the new
> version is likely going to be a painful process. If the g++-3.2 ABI is
> already frozen (?) and we move directly to it then we may save ourselves
> some trouble with doing the repackaging multiple times.

I know that there are some small ABI changes between libstdc++ 3.1 and
3.2.  This got mentioned in discussion of a PR that I filed concerning
the library under hpux.  Under hpux, all applications that were linked
against the 3.0 library needed to be relinked when the 3.0.1 library
was installed :-(

I still haven't figured out why libstdc++ needs to be installed prior
to running the testsuite.

Dave