[parisc-linux] X on J5000

Jeremy Drake jeremyd@apptechsys.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:54:01 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, no tux.  But, due to extenuating circumstances I had to boot
serial console, so the display wasn't initted until late in the boot
process.
So, if the fb is not working, why wouldn't it be and what can I do to make
it work.
Here's the /proc/pci entry for the card

  Bus  4, device   7, function  0:
    3D controller: PCI device 103c:108b (Hewlett-Packard Company) (rev 3).
      IRQ 160.
      Master Capable.  Latency=255.
      Prefetchable 64 bit memory at 0xfb000000 [0xfbffffff].
      Non-prefetchable 64 bit memory at 0xfa000000 [0xfaffffff].

Here's from dmesg
Linux version 2.4.18-pa11 (root@krakatoa) (gcc version 3.0.4) #1 Tue Mar 26 16:24:33 PST 2002
STI PCI ROM enabled at 0xf7000000
PCI graphic ROM found at f7000000 (128 kB), fb @ fb000000 (16 MB)
PCI region 0: fb000000 with 16384 kB
PCI region 1: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 2: fa000000 with 16384 kB
PCI region 3: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 4: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 5: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 6: f7000000 with 128 kB
PCI region 7: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 8: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 9: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 10: 00000000 with 0 kB
PCI region 11: 00000000 with 0 kB
Trying PCI STI ROM at f7000000, PCI hpa at fb000000
STI word mode ROM at f7000044, hpa=fb000000
STI word mode ROM, id 35acda16-9a02587, conforms to spec rev. 8.0c
STI PCI ROM disabled
STI device: HPA4982A
sticonsole_init: searching for STI ROMs
Console: switching to colour STI console 160x64