[parisc-linux] performance?

Peter Lavender plaven@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:43:58 +1100

Hi Everyone,

I know I have asked this sort of thing before, but I'm doing c++ this
semester and as such I have been using the hppa box (715/64) wiht 128
meg ram as my "dev" box.

Compiling and running of a program that finds perfect numbers upto
10000 is somewhat slow.. but that's ok..

It wasn't until I compiled it on my p90 with 48 meg ram running a a
zillion services and daemons that I noticed just how slow the 715 is.
Running the program proved this even further.

I thought the 715/64 was about similar in performance.. but this
simple observation shows this not to be the case.

As a webserver the 715 is fine... but I'm now thinking that when these
exercises and assignments start getting bigger that the 715 will be
just a little too slow for my liking.  This isn't a bad thing.. just
an observation...

Regards,

Pete.

--