[parisc-linux] Kernel 2.4.17-32-smp problem

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:10:22 -0700

Jeremy Drake wrote:
> This controller is damaged -- it will not work.  I'm looking for an
> alternative.  Thanks for your help....

Bummer. I think you better start getting used to serial for booting.
PDC typically only knows how to talk to a few select devices needed
for booting. And some of them it knows are built-in and where to
find them.

If you setup the machine to auto-boot and add a regular PCI USB
controller card that linux likes, you should be able to have
X11 just find the USB Keyboard/Mouse from the add-on card as well.

grant